Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Use a Certificate of Deposit to maximize your savings for a fixed period of time.
Features & Benefits
- Fixed interest rate, compounded daily1
- Deposits are insured by the FDIC to at least $250,000
- Choose a flexible savings term between 28 days and 5 years2
- Earn a competitive interest rate on money you don’t need to access right away
- Save for retirement by opening an IRA Certificate of Deposit3
- Use Online Banking and Mobile Banking to view balances through a mobile phone, tablet, or computer4
Early withdrawal/closure penalties may be assessed when principal is withdrawn from a CD prior to the maturity date.
Can the monthly fee be waived?
There are no monthly service charges for Certificates of Deposit. There is an annual maintenance fee of $15 per plan holder for IRA Certificates of Deposit.3
1. Fixed Interest Rate on Certificates of Deposit – Your disclosed interest rate will not change until the CD renews at first maturity. Your CD will renew automatically at maturity for a similar period unless we send you notice of nonrenewal. We will send a notice before maturity to provide you with an opportunity to prevent renewal during the grace period.
2. Certificates of Deposit Interest – Interest is calculated on collected funds only. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is fixed for the term of the CD. Penalties assessed for early withdrawal. Fees may reduce earnings.
3. IRA Withdrawals and Fees – IRA account must be single owner. Annual contribution limits may apply. Please consult your tax professional for information regarding tax deductibility, required distributions, and before making withdrawals. Withdrawals made from an IRA product before age 59 1/2 may be subject to Federal taxes and penalties. There is an annual maintenance fee of $15 per plan holder for IRA Certificates of Deposit.
3. Online Banking & Mobile Banking - Mobile banking is included at no cost from California Bank & Trust. Requires download of smartphone or tablet version of California Bank & Trust app from the Apple® App Store, Google Play®, or Samsung Galaxy® App Store. Message and data rates from your wireless provider may apply. Requires enrollment in Online Banking. Subject to the terms and conditions of the Online Banking Services Agreement in Online Banking.
This information is not intended to be the entire disclosure associated with these accounts. Complete disclosure of terms and service charges are available at any CB&T branch office and will be provided at account opening. For current rates or more account information, please ask a Financial Services Representative at any branch office.